View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
Jwillstrong
Brawn
Points: 288, Level: 5 Points: 288, Level: 5 Points: 288, Level: 5
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Jwillstrong has made some quality postsJwillstrong has made some quality postsJwillstrong has made some quality postsJwillstrong has made some quality postsJwillstrong has made some quality postsJwillstrong has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
The point of strapped farmers deadlifts is because if my body is used to picking up and holding 360lbs in each hand, when I have to do lighter walks with lets say 300lbs, I will be able to sprint with it and feel comfortable. Same thing goes with deadlifts or any grip involved movement.

Do you let the rest of your body get weak because your grip is failing? I think not.
Ok I see what your saying but picking up 360 is different than sprinting with 300. Your pickup on 300 will be quicker but I dont think it will increase your time for distance. The thing is with picking up 360 your feeling the weight for 2 seconds and then you drop. It would be different if you held it for 10-30 seconds. Well why not go strapless on deadlifts to improve your grip? Why not work on that weakness? Not only just doing grip work but in your lifts also. I personally wouldnt let my body get weak because my grip is failing but thats the reason why i dont strap up, and that a reason why I dont have problems with my grip. I know that if I did strap up then I would probably increase my lifts but whats the point? But I guess its preference.

Last edited by Jwillstrong; 07-03-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Jwillstrong is offline   Reply With Quote