Kyle Aaron
community gym PT
Brawn
Points: 4,796, Level: 44 Points: 4,796, Level: 44 Points: 4,796, Level: 44
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: deadlift
Fav Supp: milk
Kyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman025 View Post
i honestly think it varies from person to person... at the weight i lift i couldnt DL max effort twice a week, but CMK does it twice a week often...

i can sqat multiple times in a week and be fine, when others have mentioned they could never do this...
I think people can build up their work capacity. A local coach talks about his experiences here. He mentions that his own son (weights something in the 70s kg) did a maximum deadlift attempt of 170kg and then couldn't manage a second and third attempt - not great for competition. So he put them all on an old-style routine with for example 1-2x20 breathing squats in each of three sessions a week. It worked, 8 months later his son did 200kg, 207.5kg, 212.5kg, and 215kg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar
I think I could deadlift three times a week if I wanted to. I rarely feel any CNS issues or signs of overtraining.
You probably have good nutrition and rest. Many people, including many lifters, have relatively poor nutrition and rest.

In the thread I linked above a guy complains about high lifting volume routines and then says he drank 3lt of milk and ate 1kg of meat every day - he doesn't mention fruit, vegetables, nuts and beans. Doesn't matter how much fuel you put through the engine if half the spark plugs aren't firing.

I don't say everyone could handle a high volume workload. But I think many more people could handle it than they imagine. I see this all the time in training people, you can see by their speed and smoothness of movement in a rep that they could do more reps - but left to themselves, they stop. So I say, "you have 3 more, keep going." They abuse me, keep going and complete those extra 3 reps.

People's physical limits are usually much higher than their mental limits. I know I train much harder with a decent training partner or coach/trainer watching over me.