Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

What works best for me is doing Deadlift versus chains/bands and keeping it light and dynamic,just doing it to keep my form and technique up to par while building speed during the week, so I have energy for farmers walks/stones/tires/events... during the weekend.

Basically if you powerlifting leaves you beat up for events then deload it with dynamic work so you keep the technique and style you developed but you don't kill your body.

I personally do something like: and switch it up based on how I feel

Tuesday
Narrow Grip Bench Press
Strict Presses/Db Presses or Overhead/Bench assistance

Thursday
Squats
DE Deadlifts

Saturday
Events:
Log or Axle Clean and press
Tires
Farmers/yoke
Stones

I mix the westside pendulum and 5/3/1 templates for certain lifts altering them as I see fit, as for events I base them off competitions I have an eye on doing. Tend to go heavy when I feel strong, light when I feel weak, and always try to work on technique rather then forcing the weight/implements up.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote