View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 11:23 PM   #20
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
So for me, a male, age 46, 5'10" 215 lbs. I get to generously consume 1981.65 calories on training days? About 1481.65 on non training days (what should I do AFTER breakfast?)? And about 3963.3 on the spike day?

Sorry to hijack your journal. I just need some clarification. All this talk by you and a few others about cutting has got me motivated.
NP. Hijack away. That's why this forum is here.

If I remember correctly, you shouldn't go below 2,000 calories on any days. The BMR is more of a guideline then anything. I hold weight around 3300 calories per day, and I will be averaging 2600 per day on the Spike.

If I were you, I'd try 2000 on non-training days, 2500 on training days, and 4500 on Spike days. This would put you close to 2500 per day on the average, which should be a good range for you. I can't see how you wouldn't lose fat at that level. Heck, you're an active guy...you might be able to pull off 5000 on Spike days and lose weight.

I think Mauler, our forum-mate that invented the Spike could provide more feedback. But, with that said, Dr. Squat Fred Hatfield had me zig-zagging long before I heard of the Spike. Though Fred Hatfield's approach is slightly different, the theory is the same.

I think it's best for anyone trying the spike to find their maintenance level, subtract 400 calories per day from that (or 2800 calories per week), and reverse engineer the Spike in that fashion.

Or, just take my template and tweak.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote