Old 06-12-2010, 03:06 PM   #9
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwys61 View Post
by your weight now and your activity level, that sounds correct. Have you ever had an RMR test done? I found out that I needed 3500 just to maintain muscle mass and 4000 to grow. I was starving myself so much, that my body was eating my muscles and holding onto the fat. Then I consulted a dietician and did my RMR, about 2 months before my last meet. I felt really strong and had a great meet. I feel it was the adequate kcal intake that made the difference
It's been many years since I had an RMR done, probably when I was like 28 (so almost 10 years ago). I'm fairly certain my metabolism has changed a LOT since then, simply because of my age, the fact that I had 2 kids since then (having kids really changes your body in so many ways) and my activity level was different back then.

It's interesting that you say you were starving yourself. I often wonder if I am indeed not eating ENOUGH. I'll add that I've been taking a thermogenic (Lipo 6 Black Hers) for a couple of weeks now and that stuff really suppresses my appetite. Which normally would be a good thing I guess. Used to be I'd know if I wasn't eating enough during the day because I'd get crazy ravenous at night, now I don't, I think because of those pills. I dunno. This is all very confusing. Eat less? Eat more? Just seems like what I've been doing isn't working and I have no clue if I should increase or decrease calories.

Unfortunately I can't afford to consult a professional to recheck my RMR, etc. which is why I'm just experimenting.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote