Old 06-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #1
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine
Default My Daily Plate

So, I need to do *something*. I've been busting my hump in the weight room for a year now and the scale has not budged. Actually, it's gone up a little bit. I've been around the mountain enough to know that the scale doesn't really mean jack, however, at 5'4" I should NOT weigh 150 lbs. Almost no one can deny that. I recognize that my body type has always been more muscular (I'll never be one of the "give her a cheeseburger" skinny chix) and I couldn't even pay someone to tell me that I look fat or bad in any way, but the number is what it is. Unless I'm like 14% body fat, 150 lbs. is just not a good weight to be at.

With that being said, I think I need to take a look at my diet. I eat clean like 90% of the time, so I don't really track my calories. I know what's good for me and what isn't, I eat every 2-3 hours and although I have my occasional binges and make the occasional bad decision (hey, who doesn't?) I eat better than probably anyone I know. Still, if I'm overfat, it's gotta be in my diet right? I'm not sure I could work out more than I do without overtraining.

So...I logged myself onto livestrong.com as they have this "Daily Plate" where you can put your foods in there and it calculates all your calories and macronutrients. Pretty simple to use so, it seems cool. It asks you some questions about your goals and where you're at now, which I like, because it's not just giving out some arbitrary "one diet fits all" number. Based on my current stats and my activity level it states I need to consume about 2,619 calories to lose 1 pound a week (didn't want to lose more than that since I'm not too overweight). That...seems like a shtt ton of calories to me. Since I lift heavy 4 times a week and do cardio probably 4-5 times a week (and chase after two small kids on a daily basis), I put my activity level at "extremely active", the highest activity level offered. Maybe that was too high, I dunno. Just...2,619 cal. sounds way wrong.

They also have a rudimentary body fat % calculator, solely based on the measurements of: height, waist, hips and neck. According to that, I'm at 26.5% body fat. I know this method is the least effective but I'm telling you all this so you understand that I AM overfat. Well, as if being 5'4" and 150 pounds wasn't enough of an indicator. But again, people everywhere think I'm absolutely *insane* when I tell them I am overweight. They're always like, "Um...WHERE?" Numbers don't lie. And I can definitely look in the mirror and see that I need to get rid of this. Put me next to most other 5'4" 150 lb. chix and I do admit I look way better, but still.

So...get to the point, EV. Ok. Does 2,619 cal. sound right to you guys?? I so desperately need to lean out and this just sounds like waaaay too many calories to do that.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links