View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #5
SQUATMONSTER
Brawn
Points: 1,023, Level: 17 Points: 1,023, Level: 17 Points: 1,023, Level: 17
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER

I will start a log very soon , I really built my squats up fast because I hated them so much I always went so heavy each workout to hit them hard and get them done . I had the worst squat of anyone in strongman, I mean I was a picky competitor back then to the point if I seen there was any type of squat event I would find another show . Pretty sad but hey I am being honest .

It wasn't until I seen Chuck Vogelpohl from Westside Barbell do his first 1005 squat that made me think " I want to do that " . I mean I seen Chuck back then and he wasn't big at all , and I had no idea of what a squat suit was and or did . SO I started to look deeper into it .

Well I started to squat more for just size I mean I was just doing 315 for tons of reps and my form was horrible . Well I had this older weider bench that had spotter arms and squat attachment on the back well you could only go so wide because of the legs on this bench .

Well I started doing squats off the spot arms and feet wide as I could go and found that starting the squat in the bottom or near bottom position was tough until I pushed my feet out really hard against the legs of this bench .

That is when I started to do internet research on squatting and hip power and so on . So the next year or so I worked off that bench and then got a rack and so on . I also went beserk on the squats , I was squatting 3 times a week and was getting results .

Ill get more into the routines in a log as I am seriously tired right now as I had to train then grapple this evening already , but I am glad you are interested in how I built my squat .

I am thinking of doing a youtube video very soon of my raw squatting and so on so people can see exactly how I do things . I don't follow any typical training template as I train as my body allows me and so on , I mean as long as the numbers are there I know its working.

Plus you will see with my workouts , most say I am overtraining but I feel most people are seriously under-trained than over-trained. Thanks for your time .
SQUATMONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote