View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 10:45 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Welcome to the forum and great first post.

What you have touched on makes me think of "Macro" training concepts...or training tools that can, or could be used in any training routine to make it work. I stress the word "can" and not "should."

For example, training with progressive resistance is a macro training tool...it could be used in all routines.

Training to failure is not a macro training tool. Why? Certain training philosophies are dead set against training to failure.

Of course, someone could then say...but ALL training tools are disputable. Someone may develop a training system where progression of weight is never used (possible by upping intensity ad nauseum), but the point of a MACRO tool is that it COULD fit in ALL systems.

Am I making sense? I think Bass was on the right track...people do over-think training. Sometimes we even need to over-think it to get people back to square 1 again.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote