View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
styrkecoach
Brawn
Points: 1,557, Level: 22 Points: 1,557, Level: 22 Points: 1,557, Level: 22
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

styrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good postsstyrkecoach has made some good posts

im no HITer, but...

in the beggining HIT used to be a fullbody workout, over the years it has also been used as a split.

Arthur Jones was the guy who started the whole HIT idea, and have many advocates, mike mentzers heavy duty, nautilus etc.

HIT is LOW volume, HIGH intensety

The conceps of HIT is to fatigue the muscle to concentric failure by one set.usually beetween 8-12repetitions.
You can have multiple exercises per musclegroup, but only one set per exercise.

example full body workout:

Leg extension 1set 8-12reps
Leg curls 1set 8-12reps
Leg press 1set 8-12reps
Chins 1set 8-12reps
Machine rows 1set 8-12reps
Chestpress 1set 8-12reps
Shoulderpress 1set 8-12reps
Pec dec 1set 8-12reps
Triceps extension 1set 8-12reps
Abs 1set 8-12reps
lower back 1set 8-12reps

As you can se it is a total amount of eleven sets, not high volume, not even close :P

HITers are prefer machines over freewheights because it is difficult to train to failure in example the squat.

HITers are firm belivers of good form and controlled movements.

The rest periods are low to none, kinda like a ball busting failure circuit training.

Does it work, yes absolutly,
but you will propably hit a platue pretty fast because of the idea is to train to failure and try to increase the weights as often as possibly.

But what if you cant increase the weights any more? do you train to more failure? do you increase volume?

as i said, im no HITer, i prefer fatigue as a result of volume and intensity (sets), not just intensity.
and im just to ****ing lazy to run from machine to machine.
and yeah btw i dont like machines
styrkecoach is offline   Reply With Quote