View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 12:00 PM   #11
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

The golden age of bodybuilding.

That is the look I'm working for. While a lot of how they did things works very well, there are some improvements that can be applied from aquired knowledge.

We know more about nutrition, and how to apply it. We have years and years of good solid info about strength training, and what works. We know the rep ranges, and scientifically what working in a particular range does. Conjugate methods can be applied to whole body compound routines.

With a well thought out plan and bringing aspects of several different disiplines into the mix we can build that body, but do it better. You work more with actual barbells, and dumbells as opposed to machines whenever possible.

For myself, this type of body means that you train for strength, and size. You keep a healthy BF% and don't look like your skin has been stripped off. Your body is in balance, and you are symetrical in proportions. It's not about an arms race, or godzilla quads. It's about actually, body-building.

I still like a lot of the 70's era, but beyond that it starts to get muddled, and lose focus. While I personally have always like Arnold and Franco, I find them to be the forefathers of the big mass movement. Sergio is in there as well. Zane is probably the best combo of both old and new, with his 79 Olympia being being his best ever, IMO.

Some would say the "Natties" are it, but I don't find them, at all the same.
This Golden age traing requires a different approach, and different routines.
The current multi split bodypart training scheme is not optimal for this. IMO.

Last edited by glwanabe; 09-28-2009 at 12:04 PM.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links