With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

This is my general split:

Monday: DE Bench/Shoulders/Bench accessory

Wednesday: Squats/Front Squats/Pause Squats (probably the most brutal day)

Friday: Deadlift/Bench Press/back/biceps

Now, that's only a general guideline for my week. In reality, my week is much more hectic.

For example, this week I had to max-out on Sunday to find my maxes on MP/Squat/Front Squat so I don't kill myself the rest of the week with weight that's too heavy. And on Tuesday I was feeling restless and decided to go to the gym; ended up training my shoulders 3x in a row, and then had the most brutal leg day I've ever had yesterday. My legs are so sore I don't know whether it hurts more to sit or to stand.

In addition, I've had to move Friday's workout to today for various reasons; so now I'm Deadlifting with jello legs this afternoon. lol

Anyway, I keep my intensity very high as well; usually 30-90 second rest in between sets, depending on what I'm doing. I aim for a volume of 15-30 on most of my compounds, never dropping below 80% of my ORM.

I cycle some of my movements, but keep all the base compounds the same for each week.

That's pretty much it. I'm a big fan of the Chaos and Pain training methods, as outlined by Jaime Lewis in his blog.
IronManlet is offline   Reply With Quote