View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 06:14 PM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Spike Day 1: 09/26/2009

Since my spike day is on Saturday, I started the diet with a bang by pigging out. My favorite way to start a diet. Tomorrow I will weigh in.

My workout went well today. I decided to do some German Volume Training. My pecs were fried, to say the least.

I was determined to find a variation of the DB flye that didn't fry my shoulder. And I found one. Instead of using palms facing each other, I turned my hands so my thumbs were facing each other. Then I concentrated on keeping my back clenched and elbows down like a bench press setup.

This really relieved the shoulders, and I could feel the chest working. I'm not much of an isolation work guy, but I thought I would put aside my stubborn ways and try something new. The only issue I had was using too light of a weight. I am calling them "Shaw flyes" in my log so you can differentiate this exercise from standard flyes.

My chest (and triceps) was fried though.

Workout Time: 41 minutes

Workout Grade: B+

Bench Press (60 second rest between sets)

135 x 10/10/10/10/10/10/10/8/7/7

Shaw DB Flyes (60 second rest between sets)

15's x 10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote