View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 04:42 PM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
forget the supps and forget the milk and whatever else you can think of..........
You need to get on the BCAA/Glutamine train. They really help reduce DOMs and help with recovery.

I don't recommend going supplement free. I'm a big fan of a multi, fish oil, BCAAs/Glutamine and whey at minimum. I think he has a rock solid basic plan.

Lifting can tax the heck out of the body, and even if you are eating a ton there are holes in your nutrition. I realized this after I started getting my levels checked. My D-3 was very low, as were several other levels.

Fish oil helps with many things, including joint and tendon pain and inflammation. BCAAs/Glutamine help with recovery and soreness. Sure, they aren't "mass builders." But they do help you run more effectively.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 05-30-2010 at 04:47 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote