Thread: Congrats to NT
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 04:57 AM   #15
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeKing View Post
How old were you when you joined?

And Congrats and thanks for your service man!
i joined right out of High school, i was 19... Mom & Dad couldn't afford to send me to college, i was working Construction and had been for the 3 previous summers. One day my dad and a coworker were talking about the **** they did when they were in the Army and i just went and talked to the recruiter, 2 weeks later i was at basic... the Army offered me money for college.... so i did my basic and Advanced Individual Training (i was a bradley fighting vehicle mechanic) then was sent to Texas with orders to go to Desert Storm.. **** happened and i didnt go to Desert Storm... a year or so down the road i got married to my 1st wife, and when it was time to get out or re-enlist i had a family to support and i liked what i was doing so.... 20 years, and numerous deployments to 3rd world countries, and a 2nd wife and 3 kids later the rest is history

King , if you are considering joining, i think it is a good idea, i believe EVERY American BOY should serve atleast 2 years. It builds character, responisbility, and it is OUR duty as AMERICANS.. anyways if you are considering, talk to me and i will help you, as recruiters sometimes strecth the truth... lemme know