Thread: squat weak
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 04:05 PM   #9
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Marc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Welcome to the forum. My suggestion is to focus on lifting your hips up out of the hole. When you hit your depth, think about..."Hips up, then hips forward." Mentally visualize lifting your butt up to start the movement, and then think about pulling your hips through to complete the movement. This will help, but It's not a complete cure.

If you are looking for good assistance exercises, there are many...wide stance good mornings being my favorite.

You may also want to try box squats and speed squats (on a box). This can help with form, and help with generating speed and power from the hole.
I second the Good mornings, they help me out alot. I also agree with the box squats, I have gained a ton from using chains, box or both using the box as a touch and go. Pistols are another good one. Also GHR's, even though I am terrible at them!