Thread: Westside!
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 10:52 AM   #4
Nobbit
Brawn
Points: 474, Level: 9 Points: 474, Level: 9 Points: 474, Level: 9
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Nobbit has made some quality postsNobbit has made some quality postsNobbit has made some quality postsNobbit has made some quality postsNobbit has made some quality postsNobbit has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I have a powerlifting buddy who is a big, bad natural mofo and he swears by Westside. He makes my lifts look like chopped liver. He also never deadlifts and relies on good mornings primarily for deadlift stength.

I experimented with it in 2008 but I found that I needed more bench reps to maximize strength gains. I think it's a great program but you really need to be a quick learner and not be afraid to swap out pieces of the puzzle.

I think if you don't mind the constant juggling of different movements, adaptation and puzzle piece shifting (Like BWYS does so well....he is the Jedi Master), then Westside can rock.

Again, I am no expert.
BTB, your absolutley correct. The reason I like it so much is the constant variation and "puzzle piece shifting". I need a program that I can constantly change, never doing the same thing, day to day or week to week.
Nobbit is offline   Reply With Quote