Thread: Westside!
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezingstardust View Post
Has anyone had good results with this program? Thoughts, loves/hates?
I have a powerlifting buddy who is a big, bad natural mofo and he swears by Westside. He makes my lifts look like chopped liver. He also never deadlifts and relies on good mornings primarily for deadlift stength.

I experimented with it in 2008 but I found that I needed more bench reps to maximize strength gains. I think it's a great program but you really need to be a quick learner and not be afraid to swap out pieces of the puzzle.

I think if you don't mind the constant juggling of different movements, adaptation and puzzle piece shifting (Like BWYS does so well....he is the Jedi Master), then Westside can rock.

Again, I am no expert.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote