Austin Simply Fit #1
Max Brawn
Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
bwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machine

With the conjugate method, I am trying to set a new 1RM each week, just maybe not the exact same lift. It may be a squat or good morning or a deadlift or any variation of the previous 3.

I haven't held a "planche" or tried to

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
[/B]

When I say MAX, I mean 1 rep max. I also push to constantly do more than I did last time, but I'm not setting a new 1 rep max each week, are you?

Have you ever tried to hold a "planche"?

Working the gymnastic moves taught me a whole new way of experiencing core strength, and how it is employed. To do a planche, or even any of the easier progressions up to it, you must contract your abs tightly for rigidity. Pushing your abs out gives you nothing.

I've worn a belt in the past to do squats. Without wearing one, I need to contract my abs tightly, pull my shoulder blades together, and build rigidity into my whole core, front to back. It brings a more whole body approach into play when performing the movement.

Like I said, this is my opinion. I've done it the old way, I prefer this way. In a very real sense I've had to start over because I'm working muscles in a way they have not been stressed before. I can tell you that my lower back has never felt better, and I have much less problems with doing bent rows, cleans, and deads. My lower back feels worked, but not sore that that it causes pain. There is good muscle growth happening there.
bwys61 is offline   Reply With Quote