View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 08:47 AM   #6
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default Just my opinion, worth exactly .02

WATCH THIS VIDEO!!

The Video FitCast- Episode 6

Dan John is talking about squatting, and the proper position your body should be in, when in the down position.

SQUAT LIKE AN OLYMPIC LIFTER!

Notice the pictue of Arnold on the article. He is in the exact position that Dan is saying not to get into. Since I have started using a full Olympic squat I feel the move through all of my body.

You will probably need to reduce your current weights, because your bringing muscles into the move that have been isolated out when muscling yourself through them. Doing an olympic type move has really been working my glutes and making them stronger. Your glutes are a major power source for your lower body, use them!!

Lower your weights and stop wearing a belt. Let those muscles do the job they are supposed to be doing, and get them stronger. Wear a belt when your pushing for a max. How often do your really need to set a new max?

Is your waist going to get bigger from not wearing a belt? Maybe a little, but when you lose the fat on your gut the point is moot. You'll also build a solid wall of strong abs, abs your not going to get by doing crunches.

gotta run.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote