View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 09:08 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Gaining strength works in any rep range. It will always be one rep at a time.

I do think it's good to work in several rep ranges for size. I almost always trained in several rep ranges. 4-6, 6-10 and 10 to 15, etc.

One thing I've seen from looking at so many different programs from so many lifters over the last 60 years is that strength comes with effort in any rep range. For size though, it never hurts to have some variation.

Look at me and Onetiredkris. We have been primarily bodybuilders - trained like bodybuilders. We are both on par with Bodybygamma and BWYS who are pure powerlifters.

One thing I point out to people is that few powerlifters train with only low rep sets. And few bodybuilders train in sets of 10+ reps. I think the magic for both size and strength is between 4 to 8 reps. Just my opinion. I don't like all low reps because they beat the crop out of my body.

Grimek trained in some higher rep ranges. Park trained lower. Again, strength comes in many forms, size somewhere in the middle.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 05-15-2010 at 06:40 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote