View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #7
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Marc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas781 View Post
I know Rippetoe recommends a thumbless grip while low bar squatting.

It makes it easier to dump the weight if necessary and it achieves that nice straight wrist angle when doing heavy low bar back squats.

I still have shoulder flexibility issues to work through so my wrists still aren't straight but I noticed that still going thumbless seems to ease the wrist/elbow pain from the load.
I am the same, I do ROM exersizes with bands twice a day to improve my shoulder flexibility and range of motion, as I am extremely tight as it is even with wrists pretty bent holding the bar. The thumbless grip is something I might like to work into however, Thanks OP, I had never really looked much into this.