View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 08:25 PM   #11
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor
Default May 12, 2010

Sleep: 10/10
Diet: 10/10
DOMS: 8/10
Training: 10/10

DAY:Masochism

NOTES:

Damn, my leg DOMS are JUST kicking in today....lovely.

Well, I wanted to do something DIFFERENT for my HIIT today. So, I decided to do what I call:

"Burpee 21's"

Same idea as bicep 21's, but with burpees.

-7 half reps from the pushup position
-7 deep jump squats from the top position
-7 full burpees.
-30 second rest

~Complete as many rounds as you can in 15 minutes~

I did 15 rounds. These are seriously harder than you would think. Halfway through I was like "Oh hell no..."

But then I thought of what a friend of mine told me earlier today..."It's times like these where you really find out what you're made of.".........and I finished!!

Pretty brutal though. I'll definitely try this again. It's a bit painful to see my energy going down, but I know I've only got a few weeks left.

Oh, this is probably the best pre-workout meal ever...if anyone hasn't done this already, it's an absolute MUST. Seriously. I think I may have died and gone to heaven:

Spiced Sweet Potato Mousse:

-100g of baked sweet potato
-1 scoop of vanilla whey (I used Muscle Gauge "Ice Cream Sandwich)
-16g of peanut butter (you can use less, depending on what fits into your macros.)
-stevia/splenda (optional; mine is way sweet without it)
-Pumpkin Pie spice (adjust to meet "spiciness" taste)
-1 oz. of softened FF cream cheese (optional)

1) Mash the sweet potato completely. Sift in the protein powder a little at a time, until it's all mixed in. Add slight amounts of water to get a creamy consistency.

2) Mash in the cream cheese, peanut butter, and stevia/splenda (if using). Add in the spice at the very end.

3) Cover, and let chill in the fridge for an hour.

Notes:
holyfackinsh*tamazing.jpeg

Believe it or not, despite the fact I really want some filthy carbs post-show, what I'm really, HONESTLY looking forward to, is a huge bowl of mango slices.

God I miss those.

TRAINING SONG OF THE DAY:

DAYS UNTIL VICTORY: 23

http://www.fortheloveofcookies.wordpress.com

-------

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." - George Bernard Shaw

"Start wide, expand further, and never look back." -Arnold Schwarzenegger
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links