Pain Master
Max Brawn
Points: 3,850, Level: 39 Points: 3,850, Level: 39 Points: 3,850, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: ~23 years
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Back Squat
Fav Supp: Fish-oils
BRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributor

What exactly do you mean about diet?
About food choices?

Well,
For Protein choices:
Lean sources like chicken breast, lean red meat, eggwhites, lean fishes and protein supps, low fat drained yoghurt to combined with carbs in a protein/carb meal.
Other protein sources like red meat, whole eggs and fatty fish, to combined with fat in protein/fat meals.
Of course, the lean sources can also be used in a protein/fat meal.
My approach is not to eat large amounts of carbs (except veggies) with large amounts of fat in the same meal.
One of the two (carbs or fats) should be low or not at all in the same meal.
So if someone has plenty of rice in a meal, it's ok to add a little bit fat, like 1-2 teaspoons olive oil for example.

Another thing, I do not have fat and veggies just after training, because they slow down the absorption etc.
It's just protein and carbs.
Same thing before training, if the meal is very close to training.
If the meal is about 2-3 hours and more, far from the training, it's ok to have fat and veggies added.
This is more an individual thing, for example I can't train with my stomach full.

For Carb choices (in preference order, this means 1 is my best choice, 2 next better choice etc, for me)
1.Basmati Rice
2.Potatoes, Yams
3.Oats
4.some dark fruits
All the other, like pasta, breads, other fruits, legumes etc, coming next and rare in the plan.
Dextrose/Glucose can also be used, but only in a post workout meal, especially if it's a shake.
If it's about a fat loss diet, all after 4 should be avoided, and when diet gets further it should be only with 1 and 2, and very rarely with 3.
In a fat loss diet, some of the proteins will also avoided when the diet is getting advanced, like the dairy and some of the read meat.
Except of drained yoghurt, I am against other dairy, especially milk, in my opinion it is one of the bad things in nutrition for many reasons.
It's ok to use dairy and milk, if someone is in a bulking phase or as cheat meals, but if someone wants a clean diet, he should avoid dairy and milk especially.

Veggies
1.Everything green
2.other veggies

Fats and oils
1.Fish oils as supplement or from fatty fish
2.Olive oil
3.egg yolks
4.some nuts
5.some other oils
plus any fat contained in the foods it self, for example in read meat, oats etc, it's ok, you can't avoid it and abstract/remove it.
Again, after 4, everything else should be avoided in a fat loss diet, at least in the middle and the end of the diet.

I think I haven't forgot something.

Well, the choose of a diet, or better how to diet for fat-loss is individual.
I mean with which way,
you can choose to diet with low carbs/high fat, or low fat/high carbs, or target carb approach, or carb cycling or any other method, but I recommend to use the food choices above, more from my experience and the fact what works for me.

Anyway, if someone is using a food source, and see that is holding water from it, or become bloated, or can't digest it good, or having made an kind of intolerance to it, he should stay away from it, at least for a period of time.
Everybody is different, and there are differences also individually, for example some times someone can handle a food and getting results, and sometimes (next year or next six months) having problem with this same food, and then again, another time later can handle it again etc.

PS
I don't count calories or worry so much about it, I look to count nutrients more, especially protein and to have protein in every meal.
Carbs and fats can be different each day, it goes sometimes with feeling or what I do.
Protein can change also sometimes, it depends sometimes how much the other things are.
I believe in high protein, at least 2,5 to 3 times the bodyweight (in kilogramms) or 1 to 1,5 times the bodyweight in pounds.
But I think this is also more an individual thing, how to cut down the nutrient amounts/percentages etc.
For example, if someone having insulin sensitivity problems, he should avoid to use much carbs, especially if he is high in bodyfat etc.
BRaWNy is offline   Reply With Quote