View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 09:34 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

It's funny you bring up Good Mornings and Front Squats. I am a big believer in training both for better deadlift totals.

I've never tried the dead stop good morning though.

I should also mention that I rarely to regular squats anymore. When I log workouts it's almost always low box squats.

Also, I really like the idea of training posterior chain on its own day. I've set up a few powerbuilding style routines like this, And I tend to train like this myself, though I haven't for the last 3-4 months.

It's a very foreign concept to bodybuilding routines.

Do you use the 5/4/3/2/1 with deadlifts? I assume you do. My back responds really well to heavier singles, so I have lately been doing rest pause singles to a 10 rep total.

And what exercises do you primarily use for side/front delts? The reason I ask is because I see side delts on the day after the "pressing" day, and was wondering if you do any dumbbell or barbell overhead presses?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote