View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #3
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

GRIMS TWEAK ON STARTING STRENGTH is IMO the best

this program started me off to crazy progress that anyone can make. if you just add weight each workout, you should be able to keep going up for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim83 View Post
I see to many beginners come on here posting these routines that are just utter crap, and they refuse to do rippetoes because "How can i get big arms without spending all day doing curls". You know it I know it, that statement is utter bull****. but someone has to make a compromise, and id rather help the hardheaded noobs to build a better body by giving them their cake, but the catch is they're only getting a small piece. so anyways enough ranting, here the new beginner program that could help quite a bit for dealing with those hard headed beginners.

- use an aba bab schedule
- when you can hit all the reps on all the sets then increase the weights by 5ibs
- if you are a true beginner who has never lifted before or has not lifted in a long long time, then do just 2 workouts during your first week, and find your working weights, make sure after the first set with the weight that you are using for the working sets that you could have done 2-3 more reps
- form is very important
- nutrition is the most important part, so make sure you are eating for your goal

A
Squat- 3x5
Bench press- 3x5
BB row- 3x5
BB curl- 2x8

B
Deadlift- 3x5
Military Press- 3x5
Chin-ups- 3x6-8
Bench Dips (or triceps dips)- 2x8
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)