Pain Master
Max Brawn
Points: 3,850, Level: 39 Points: 3,850, Level: 39 Points: 3,850, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: ~23 years
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Back Squat
Fav Supp: Fish-oils
BRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributor

May 22, 2009, 2:57pm, Muscle and Brawn wrote:
Thanks for posting this. I might have a few more questions for you as I re-read it.

One of the first questions I have is do you use good mornings at all in your training, and if so on which day?
Of course I do.
GM Bents are in my opinion one of the best exercises for developing the posterior chain and overall strength.

GM Bent goes with lower body.
Lately I do them with alternated sets vs Front Squats.
It is a little bit difficult to do antagonist alternate sets at lower body, because most exercises are using pretty much the same muscles (see Dead lifts vs Back Squats) except for movements like leg extensions and leg curls (I use them rare), but GMs match for me good with Front Squats.

Sometimes I also do them in a Dead-Stop manner, beginning the movement from the bottom position with positive rep and then the negative, from a rack at the height of the the lowest position of the movement, then let the bar resting again at the rack before doing the next rep, so there isn't any stretch reflex, just for variety or increasing strength at the bottom position etc.

For beginners, GMs are always a exercise I recommend to use especially for posterior chain (I think its the base of the body)from the beginning, along with Dead lift variations, to build right fundamentals, and keep them forever or at least use them at 80% in training
BRaWNy is offline   Reply With Quote