View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 11:48 AM   #5
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

The big problem with somebody seeing how much volume the pro's use is not connecting the dots. A pro level BB athlete's training volume is like a marathon runner, compared to a sprinter.

New lifters are like sprinters, short intense sessions that stimulate the body, and start a conditioning process. As you progress in strength and conditioning, you reach a point where compared to a runner your running longer and longer races. The top level BB pro's are like marathoners in their training conditioning .

Unfortunately, some beginner see's that routine, and tries to do it, only to fail, with a large ?. Then there is also the added molecular enhancements.

It's interesting to see what they can do. People just need to realize that they are not that pro. Heck, I can't even do what I once could. I'm having to work my way back to where I was. Use it or lose it.

I still feel that people are to fast to abandon basic old school compound routines, and adopt complex splits.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote