With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I'll respectfully disagree with you on this point. My chest gets worked just as hard both ways. This way is merely better on my shoulders. I used to "tweak" my chest quite often with elbows flared. I benched that way until 2009, and since switching to a more power style of benching my shoulders and chest feel great.
I did this the first time I started Benching; luckily I saw some PLing videos soon after and got my form down in a few weeks.

One thing I'd highly recommend is a good back arch. A lot of people in my gym just plop themselves down on the bench (feet planted wherever), grab the bar, and start struggling on 95lbs with elbow flared and feet shifting all over the place, and just...ugh...