Austin Simply Fit #1
Max Brawn
Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
bwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machine

your openers should be your last "heavy" warm-up that you normally would do for 3 reps in training. Be very careful with the bench press, as pausing raw and with a shirt are very two different feelings.

have records in mind to break on your second attempt(usually 5 or 10 lbs better than your PR).

Good luck. Remember to deload a week and a half out, and rest at least for 5 days going into the meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronManlet View Post
Just the other day I had an epiphany, of sorts. haha

I want to compete in powerlifting. I don't care if my lifts suck right now, this is what I want to do! Realistically, I expect myself to end up in the 165lb class for my near-future meets; I'd like to try simply building strength at a certain weight. All the cutting/bulking makes my head spin.

I'm not entirely sure how far I'd get in powerlifting (breaking a record would be a dream for me), but I'm sure as hell willing to find out! If there's one thing I am, it's bloody stubborn.

Current lifts: (I'm not entirely sure about my ORM; will be testing them in a few weeks.)

Bench: 165x5
Squat: 250x3
Deadlift: 325x3

I'm not super experienced, as I've only been training for 5 months; but I'm going to start a new program next week that I'm sure will help me improve. Especially on that Bench...

I had a question about my first meet: I know a lot of people will tell you to just go out there and do your best, since your first meet is just that; your first. However, I would also like to place well in my first one if at all possible. I think I'd be competing in Ontario Powerlifting federations, since that's where I live.

So what would you say would be a respectable number range to try and hit at my first meet if I was around 165lbs in weight? I would like to be competing raw, in a drug-free competition.

So yeah...that's the skinny on me! I'm really excited to be a part of all this. Who knows? Maybe I'll set a record some day.

And thanks to everyone who runs this site! It's got a lot of useful information, and everyone's really supportive here as well. Can't believe I never found it before.
bwys61 is offline   Reply With Quote