With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltom View Post
Congrats on deciding to do a meet. My first will be at the end of June. As far as a "respectable total," don't worry about it. You don't want to have some number in your head that you must have before you are "allowed" to compete. I'm assuming your young and so if you compete against others your age, and thus likely to have similar experience to you, you will have a chance to be competitive. The experience will probably be worth it not because of the total, but because of what you will learn at the competition.

Once more, I haven't competed yet, but I look forward to it as an opportunity to learn more about lifting and to meet some new people (especially those that can help me). As far as my total, I'm keeping my goal very modest.
I see what you're saying; it's true, you can compete at any number.

Yes, I'm a pretty young lifter. (Newly 18) I think I can use this to my advantage, since I'll be making a lot of newb gains for the rest of the year that I can put to good use.

I'm aiming to try my hand at my first meet sometime next year, if possible. I have no idea what my total will be; I don't really have a specific target one in mind.