Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast
Default Virginia State Powerlifting Meet Today!!

The meet was awesome, such a cool experience. I met a ton of awesome people and saw some very strong people get huge lifts. It was a great time, a long day but I think I did pretty well.

My Lifts:
Squat
410 good
430 good
450 no good, I think I tried to go too deep
They were pretty strict on depth, but I think I hit it well.

Bench Press
295 good
305 miss
305 miss
Both times I got the lift but got red lighted for two different things:
1. Ass came off the bench, just a little bit
2. Did not pause on the chest long enough, other wise I crushed this lift

Deadlift
495 good, easy
530 great
550 awesome, good lift, at least a 20 pound PR for me

Overall it went well, I have a lot of work to do on my bench. I talked to some guys there that said I have a ton of potential, I need to figure out the whole pause thing on bench. I think pressing out of the bottom will help, and just more practice with a pause.

Squat I just need to keep working, and put in some max effort days, I love the 531 but I thought I should have been able get more on squat.

Deadlift is by far my favorite and best lift, so I will just keep doing whatever for that, I would like to hit a 600 deadlift by the end of the year.

Awesome day, I met a lot of cool people and had a great experience.

By the way, all of these lifts are now Virginia State Records, once the IPA website gets updated I will throw a link up. I got first place in my division, but I was the only one. But I got second overall in the Raw 220s, for any age group. I will get some pics up as soon as possible, my roommate got some great shots. Sorry no vids this time.

Last edited by jwood; 05-01-2010 at 07:47 PM.
jwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links