View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 08:12 PM   #44
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlack16 View Post
Beef - check, (but all I have is lean steak) not sure what else I can make with beef and what to buy?
whole milk - check
cheese - need to get but what kind, cheddar, mozzarella, etc?
natural peanut butter - check
eggs - what kind of eggs? Whole? and should I keep the yoke for every single one or should I do 1 egg with yolk and 2 egg white)
almonds- need to get again
Tuna-check
turkey- check (sandwiches)

So your saying I don't really need the carbs like fruits and veggies? If so what are so good carb foods?
I use ground beef quite a bit just because it's cheap. And if I find anything on sale I will grab it.

Cheese - I like to go the string cheese route, but really anything will do.

Eggs - the entire egg. Good nutrition.

And I'm not saying avoid carbs. It's just that so many times "healthy" in bodybuilding terms equals chicken, tuna, wild rice and broccoli. I would rather see a hardgainer eat more "sturdy" foods like milk and beef then over-rely on too much rice to add in calories.

Quinoa is an uber carb source. It's a tasteless grain like rice, and mixes well with salsa and pretty much anything. Most health food stores have it. Oatmeal, wild rice, etc. are good grains. Fruits - eat your heart out. Veggies...greens, sweet potatoes, the usual suspects.

I'm no dieting expert, in the sense that I never get OCD about it, but I do think a lot of healthier foods with natural fats are wrongly demonized - beef, whole milk, butter, etc. My personal opinion is that you're better off eating these foods then overdoing rice. The more I read about the ill health effects from grain carb sources, the less of them I try to eat. I don't cut them all out, but I am eating far less today then ever.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote