View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 04:38 PM   #28
folkprophet
Brawn
Points: 657, Level: 13 Points: 657, Level: 13 Points: 657, Level: 13
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

folkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehubbard View Post
This is a forum about lifting weights and building muscle. Save the compassion for those who actually need it.
You're telling me you honestly can't comprehend the relevance for understanding and compassion in an activity that is not only physically gruelling but mentally and emotionally taxing at every turn as well?

Beyond that, the result of advice given with lack of compassion: Those who need understanding and compassion will not listen. Which makes callous advice totally useless to anyone who actually needs the advice. What good is giving advice when it's generally ignored because it's given with a rude, inconsiderate, I-don't-give-a-crap-about-your-feelings tone?

Moreover, the very reason that people are failing to overcome these obstacles is becasue of the mental and emotional side of the activity. Addressing these needs far outweighs the, "shut up and lift moron," type of advice.

I am saving the compassion for those who need it. Your comments, on the other hand, seem to be withholding it from everyone whether they need it or not.
folkprophet is offline   Reply With Quote