Thread: glwanabe log
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 07:48 AM   #10
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Yes I do front squats. I've learned to really appreciate them as part of an overall program. I'm sure you know of the, "Deepsquatter" website. I have been using the 12 week oly lifting plan from there.

Olympic Weightlifting Primer

I was at about week 10 on that plan, and then lost my workout space during a home remodel. The workout on the 11th was the first workout I was able to do again back in the garage. It was about a month of no garage space.

During the remodel, I had just a barbell and a few plates under the bed. I had very limited space to workout in my bedroom but made the most of it. It reminded me of when I was a teenager working out in my bedroom. Except I didn't just work my biceps.

I did squats, back to warmup, front and overheads. SLDL, rowing, and presses. I was doing that 3X a week. I was only using 110lbs for this time period. I had to be careful getting the weight up due to very limited space issues. I still got decent workouts in though

Trying to execute good technical form on the snatch, made me realize I was way to weak, and needed much better flexability. So that is my current plan. Increase my flexability, and basic compound strength moves.

With some other factors requiring time from me over the next month or so, this seemed like the right time implement my current 3X wk. plan.

All of my back squats are done Olympic style. Medium wide stance, ATG. If I was doing wider stance and not going so far down I could probably post a bit higher number, but that would be counter to my long term goal, put a decent snatch weight up.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote