View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 08:06 AM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
Right, but didn't he wonder where all the money was in HIT? Meaning that he's not in this to make a quick buck, he's in it because he belives in it. I don't think Arthur Jones made that much money off it either. The Nautilus franchises did.

My whole point is that, yes HIT became big money for somebody. Maybe not for you, or Gordon, or Mentzer, but somebody somewhere along the line once made a boatload of bucks off of it. I'm not saying this as a detractor. It is a sound concept in my opinion. But the schysters, they are everywhere. HIT ain't a money rip-off, but rip-off artists got involved. And maybe that's why some people feel the whole thing is tainted.

Just an observation. Good interview.
Sorry, I was rushing yesterday to do a last minute read through edit on some articles and didn't give this post the appropriate read.

I understand what you're saying. And I think we both hold similar opinions.

Some people rip Mentzer and Jones because they feel they profited off HIT. Every bodybuilder profits off something...personal training, supplements, whatever.

The heat on Mentzer and Jones is rather intense because HIT is sometimes elevated to near cult status. And with all religious figureheads, the general public likes to get hypocritical and rip apart their lives.

My point is that I think the "Jones made a boat load of money off HIT" argument is silly and hypocritical. The same guys are buying T-nation Biotest supplements, and applauding T-Nation for their awesome supplements only diet.

It's hard to find anyone in this industry that's not trying to get your cash.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote