View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 03:08 PM   #9
onetiredkris
Max Brawn
Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

onetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltom View Post
When you arch your back and lay on the bench, make sure to keep your upper back tight as well, as if pinching your scapulae together. Also, try to tuck your elbows in to your sides: don't let them flair out. When I do both of these, the weight goes up a bit better.
^Ye, i like to focus on keeping the back tight as well. And rather than thinking about pushing the weight up, ill think about shoving my back into the pad as hard as possible.

Experiment on your grip distance, i recently spread my grip more than normal and found it really helped my bench.

-OTK's LOG-
We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we'll look good naked. Sure, it's healthy too, and we'll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it's about the naked thing.

onetiredkris is offline   Reply With Quote