Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
Gordon LaVelle is more about Dorian Yates style training then Arthur Jones. In fact, I don't recall him mention Arthur much at all, if he mentioned him once.
Right, but didn't he wonder where all the money was in HIT? Meaning that he's not in this to make a quick buck, he's in it because he belives in it. I don't think Arthur Jones made that much money off it either. The Nautilus franchises did.

Quote:
I seem to recall someone mentioning that HIT was put forth as a ripoff money-making scheme, and nothing more. I donít know where this big flow of money is, and I donít seem to recall ever spending any money on any HIT-related enterprise. I had a Mentzer book once that someone loaned me. As for my own book, I wrote it not expecting to make a red cent. What Iíve gotten out of using HIT, however, has been of immeasurable value: Better results, in less time, with no burnout and no injury.
My whole point is that, yes HIT became big money for somebody. Maybe not for you, or Gordon, or Mentzer, but somebody somewhere along the line once made a boatload of bucks off of it. I'm not saying this as a detractor. It is a sound concept in my opinion. But the schysters, they are everywhere. HIT ain't a money rip-off, but rip-off artists got involved. And maybe that's why some people feel the whole thing is tainted.

Just an observation. Good interview.
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote