View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 01:44 PM   #21
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97 View Post

Thanks again for the invitation here, this is a great site and we can have real discussions without the "children" at bb.com.

I am really looking to add muscle now, do you have any studies on hormones and sleep. I read our biggest GH release comes within one hour of sleep. Well what if we split our sleep in half and took an hour nap during the day, would this double our GH release?

What about eating at night? again I've read contradictive statements, one saying we get a greater release when we don't eat for a couple of hours before, and yet some stating we need protein right before bed. I have been having the protein jsut before going down as I can't sleep when I'm hungry. I just want to find the best ways to naturally spike my GH and free test.
You're welcome. Glad to have you here. And 18,000 calories is insane I don't know if I could match that

I don't know much about the GH end of things, but I imagine that if you cut sleep in half, the body's normal GH levels would react and would actually dip the rest of the day until you were fully rested...just speculating. I know how lack of sleep can cause our hormones to severely fluctuate, so I assume GH is the same.

As far as night eating, I can't sleep unless I get enough carbs before bed. I think the human body is wired to not want to sleep unless it has a good meal before bed. With that said, I think if you ate a decent meal and it ended at least 2 hours before bed, you might get the GH benefit stated, even if your meal was huge. Again, just thinking out loud.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links