Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

A couple weeks ago I pulled 545 from a couple inches off the ground, but I knew I could get it from the ground. Today I wanted 545, and I got it. I also screwed up my finger a little bit. Here's how it went down;

Deadlift-
135x5
225x5
315x3
Add belt-
315x3
405x3
455x1
495x1
545x1

I use a lever belt, which has caused me issues before. Today when I went to tighten the belt before the last deadlift my middle finger got caught in the lever and it sheared off a bit of skin. I decided that it was too late to worry about that, and I still wanted that 545, so I chalked up my hands. When I got back to the bar I noticed that a pretty good bit of blood was accumulating around the wound. I grabbed my towel, got the blood off, then got set up and pulled as quickly as possible. The bar came up fairly quickly and locked out with no problems.

I'm crazy stoked about how my lifts are going. I know that the deadlift comes last, so I may be too tired to get as much as possible, but I'm really thinking that 600 may be in my very near future.

I wrapped some tape around the wound and did a little more work to finish up. The next 3 movements were done in a superset, but I only did the whole circuit twice. Twice was plenty.

Pendlay rows-
225x10
225x10

Long jumps-
BWx3
BWx3

Kettlebell swings-
90x10
90x10

After that I headed home. When I unwrapped my finger it immediately started bleeding again, so I grabbed some gause and wrapped it up again. I'll survive.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote