View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #3
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I think back and shoulders are a good mix. Rear laterals get hammered with quality rowing work. Traps get hit with heavy pressing work.

I think the key is not to try and do too many moves in one workout. Maybe rotate in exercises every other week if you think you're missing any key exercises.

I've seen some shoulder and back workouts that are overkill on sets. I see them something like: deadlift, rows, pullups, presses and maybe one other shoulder movement.

I don't like the idea of doing shoulders the day after heavy chest and triceps. I would like to see the triceps get a couple days of rest first. But I know you also have to space deadlifts apart from squats.
Makes sense. I guess I will just cut down a little on volume/exercises. Back is one of my favorites to train so it's hard convincing myself to cut down sometimes, hehe.
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote