Old 04-21-2010, 06:26 AM   #8
ehubbard
Raw/Multiply Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 9,852, Level: 66 Points: 9,852, Level: 66 Points: 9,852, Level: 66
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
ehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
BTB, you are making me rethink my decision of getting a sumo rack, I wanted to train at home so I could do crazy stuff like partial squats, but ill have to rethink that. If only my mom would let me put a powerrack in the garage.

I think heavy partials would be the best thing to help your descent, or maybe more high box squats.

What about low box squats?
Don't get a sumo rack. Spend money on two important things, a good power rack and a good power bar. If money is an issue, NYBB sells a decent rack for around 300, the only issue is that you may need to elevate it on blocks if you want to go wide stance. Or you can just get one of those cheap Powerline racks from Costco, BJ's, Sam's Club, etc. They are around 300 bucks delivered. I spent the 900 bucks (including shipping) and got an EFS 2x2 rack that will never need to be replaced. That's what I would suggest to anyone who is serious about training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Any thoughts on improving descent strength?

Coming up is butter for me. Going down is the hard part.

Any thoughts on adding heavy negatives? It would be a pain to load and reset but I'm willing to try anything.

My squat rack doesn't allow partials which rules them out.
I'm not sure I understand how going down is hard. Do you mean it is hard for you to reach depth? Tight hamstrongs? No confidence descending with heavy weight?

Negatives are just that. Negative.