View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 08:42 AM   #18
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

While I don't bench, I still work my chest, but utilize other compound moves that hit it somewhat less directly for the most part. I still do flyes however.

Standing presses hit the upper portion, dips, where I lean forward as much as I can hit the lower portion. Those two moves alone still have my chest getting worked enough to see growth. Flyes are done with both dumbells, and in the rings. Flyes done with the rings are brutal!!

I set my bench, and rings up so that with my feet on the bench I'm basically in a pushup position with my hands on the rings. My back is flat. In this position you can do various forms of pushups, alternating your hand position as you go down.

You can also do a flye from this position. Instead of layin on your back your supporting yourself instead. We have gotten to the point of being able to have nearly straight arms at the bottom position. Your chest gets worked, as well as your anterior, and posterier delts. There is a medial delt move as well, Iron Cross negatives.

All of this work demands that you have core strength beyond anything you have worked towards before. Need abs? Incorporate gymnastic strength moves into your workout.

Check out this guy, Yuri Van Gelder. Watch the 4th vid labled training.

yuri van gelder - Google Videos

This as well. Notice the muscualture of his chest and deltoids, his chest is strong and developed, but not BB sized proportion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_LN0..._embedded#t=92

Last edited by glwanabe; 09-12-2009 at 02:48 PM.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote