View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 09:03 AM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerho View Post
I have pictures but come on, I cant put them here for people to laught at... But im 186cm and when I started one year ago my morning weight was about 85kg and now its 96kg (it was 99kg but I have dieted down about 2 weeks now).

Your third paragraph was interesting..about not using under 5 reps..is it still ok to try PR:s in every 2-3 months? About eating. Im indeed at the moment trying to eat very clean. I try to get protein at least 2.5 grams/kg but limit carbohydrates under 50 grams/day except training days. Also taking L-Glutamine, Creatine, Leucine etc.. So basically Im really trying to train quite a closely like a powerlifter and eat like a bodybuilder, is that wrong way to do it?

Hmm... I really shoud concentrate more on 8+ reps on lower body exercises, then. By the way, is squat and deadlift variations plus quads enough for legs or should I add leg press etc also...?
Regarding PRs...absolutely...you can test your max lifts. I just wouldn't want you training in lower rep ranges as a staple.

Btw, no one here would laugh at pictures. We ban people like that. We're here to help each other make changes.

It sounds like you gained over 30 pounds your first year. I would definitely try to tone it down a bit and maybe use a more moderate diet such as cycling 2 week bulking and maintenance periods, or using a zig zag eating approach and eat more on training days. There are many ways to do this.

Regarding diet I would throw in one day a week where you eat higher carbs, possibly on the day before heavy squats. it is definitely NOT wrong to train heavy and eat like a bodybuilder. That's what I've always done, and I think training heavy on core compounds lifts is the key to fast muscle gains.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote