View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 11:53 AM   #8
jiorio95
Max Brawn
Points: 6,215, Level: 51 Points: 6,215, Level: 51 Points: 6,215, Level: 51
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%

Fav Exercise: Squat
jiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master member

I think you could get away with the statement even taking of the "for women" part at the end. Whenever I walk into a commercial gym it is crazy the things you see people all of ages and gender doing. I remember a guy show up one day and he had torn out a page from a muscle mag with Superman's workout (from the last movie). He had to be 30lbs overweight and of course just ended up hurt and discouraged.

The amount of misinformation out there in the name of money and attention is crazy. We've all been victim to it at one point or another.

I knew my wife would never listen to my workout advice because she didn't want to get "big and muscle", just like BigAlFry said above. I happened to run across a woman trainer who was a friend of mine and she had her girls doing 5x5 bench, squat, deadlift plus assistance. The same stuff I had always gently hinted to my wife she should look into. Signed her up and she looks and feels great.

It's amazing how easy the answer really is for everyone to at least get started and see results... but it doesn't grab any headlines.
jiorio95 is offline   Reply With Quote