bigalfry
Max Brawn
Points: 4,796, Level: 44 Points: 4,796, Level: 44 Points: 4,796, Level: 44
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Bench
Fav Supp: Beef
bigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machinebigalfry is a lifting machine

I tend to agree with this article regardless of the author. My wife used to look for women's routines and I'd see what the routine included and was confused. There's a whole lot of "tricep kick backs - 5lbs x 3 sets of 10". I didn't want to say anything though because this was in her early days of going to the gym and for her to have a plan and the confidence to walk into the gym and do her routine was better than crapping all over the searching she did and ruin her confidence and the gym for her. Over time though I was able to convince her to join me in what I was doing by asking her about her workout and I'd say things like "do you feel anything after doing tricep kick backs with 5 lbs? If you don't feel anything then how effective do you think it is?" and then showing her pictures of smoking hot female power lifters to show that lifting heavy won't turn her into a dude with tits.

I think that everyone would benefit from rigorous weight lifting and I feel the best routines for both women and men involves pushing yourself in strength training. The problem is that most women have that same misconception my wife used to have. "I don't want to lift heavy weights, I don't want to look like a bodybuilder." So if you are trying to make money publishing a magazine, a book or a website by creating workout routines for women, most women are going to gravitate towards the magazine that tells you to do 3 sets of 10 with 5lbs rather than the one that tells them to actually try to get stronger. It comes down to women wanting these cute pink and fluffy workouts because they don't know any better so people keep coming up with them for web traffic or magazine sales. Supply and demand.
Deadlift 425
Total = 1061

Meet PRs:
TBD

Training Log:
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17327
bigalfry is online now   Reply With Quote