Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

There are no lifts or movements I can't do.

I also do not think doing a specialty routine that concentrates on one of the 3 big lifts is a good idea, simply because I feel our older joints are prone to over working. For example, I once did a high volume of deadlifts in one week, and paid for it dearly with knee pain for months. Whenever I squat and deadlift in the same session, my knees once again squawk like crazy. Other than that, they are just fine.

Speed work, I find, is also a Bitch on my joints - so I do not do that.

Regular Chiro and massage is a must.

I am of the opinion if you work the lifts properly and hard enough in your session, once per week is just fine for us Dinosaurs.

I also feel our diets have to be near perfect nutritionally speaking in order to keep up the big lifting. We cannot get away with nearly as much as the Spring Chickens.

Lastly, my beloved Biomat helps me recover enough to train hard 4 days per week. Scheduled deloads are a must tho!

I train the lifts, being a powerlifter, once per week, and the 4th day is simply an assistance day.

last but not least - certain supps are a must for Geezers, like Powdered Collagen!
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote