View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 01:37 PM   #7
Lerho
Brawn
Points: 2,733, Level: 31 Points: 2,733, Level: 31 Points: 2,733, Level: 31
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Lerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Do you have any before and after pictures. Or a current picture? That would help us assess and better advise.

Regarding strength goals...they are good, but do them in a good rep range. You will be very strong at those levels, and you will also gain quite a bit of muscle getting there.

Don't use under 5 reps for training right now. I don't look at strength and bodybuilding as 2 separate journeys. They are basically the same for a very long time, unless you don't eat like a bodybuilder and train with a powerlifting-specific type of routine. Hope this makes sense.

Regarding legs, higher reps tend to work better for many. This isn't unusual at all. I get great chest soreness at 5 reps, but not as much for legs. Legs can easily be work between 8 to 20 reps....that's a good sweet spot for great gains.
I have pictures but come on, I cant put them here for people to laught at... But im 186cm and when I started one year ago my morning weight was about 85kg and now its 96kg (it was 99kg but I have dieted down about 2 weeks now).

Your third paragraph was interesting..about not using under 5 reps..is it still ok to try PR:s in every 2-3 months? About eating. Im indeed at the moment trying to eat very clean. I try to get protein at least 2.5 grams/kg but limit carbohydrates under 50 grams/day except training days. Also taking L-Glutamine, Creatine, Leucine etc.. So basically Im really trying to train quite a closely like a powerlifter and eat like a bodybuilder, is that wrong way to do it?

Hmm... I really shoud concentrate more on 8+ reps on lower body exercises, then. By the way, is squat and deadlift variations plus quads enough for legs or should I add leg press etc also...?
Lerho is offline   Reply With Quote