View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 07:57 AM   #4
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
i agree but for show prep i have to do more than 2 days of HIIT to continue to cut after a certain point. i have at least 20 mins of my 45 mins of minnimum cardio a day is HIIT just so i can get my sweat beads rollin properly.
I have 3 days at the moment. Plus 2 days of SS cardio...so it's not too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I've never really delved into the science of this, but one of the reasons I avoid hardcore cardio is because I don't want it interfering with leg day performance. With that said, a cut is about maintaining muscle mass, and the body is given the best incentive to do so by lifting heavy.

Personally I would wager that as long as you're able to lift heavy, most muscle mass will remain. But if you tax the CNS heavily and dip in weight, you could see some muscle loss.

But from a pure strength perspective, I see so many powerlifters doing GPP training on off days like sled dragging, etc. Stuff that taxes the legs. It would seem on a cursory level that the CNS is much more able to adapt to short bursts of low intensity work, even if this work does involve the use of some resistance.

Just thinking out loud...
Thing is, I usually don't weight train until about 8-9 hours after my HIIT session, so I have plenty of time to rest up/take a nap/drink some coffee, and my weights aren't really affected.

I could try experimenting, but for example yesterday I trained hamstrings pretty hard...and this morning I'm sore as an ulcer, and I can't imagine doing any HIIT today.
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote