View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #9
cooltom
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,358, Level: 20 Points: 1,358, Level: 20 Points: 1,358, Level: 20
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

cooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributor
Default Friday, April 15 2010

Thanks for the support everyone! I want a PR tomorrow so badly.

As for BW, I was originally thinking of cutting some weight to get into the 179pound class, but I'm opting to go the other way after weighing in consistently between 186-190 for the past few weeks. I've been eating like a pig today.

My workout went like this:

April 16, 2010: Deadlift Deload

I really hate deloads, especially when I'm not feeling well. I had to work very late the night before and just felt lethargic, unmotivated, and depressed all day. School pressure is mounting each second too.

1) Sumo Deadlift

Worked up to 325x3x1

I deadlift conventional, but switch to sumo for my deloads. It keeps things a bit interesting for me since I suck at sumos...terribly.

I finished my last wave, pulling conventional, at 425x4. I aim to hit 500 at my meet in June.

2) Pause Squat

225x5, 245x2x5, 250x2x5

I have been doing these "Pause Squats" since reading about them in an Ed Coan routine. I was thinking about adding box squats until I stumbled upon these. I've been doing them for roughly 5 weeks and I think they've helped my squat strength and form tremendously.

With my heavy squats, I worked up to 385x2x1 on my last wave. I was having a lot of formal issues that I've been working hard to correct over the last couple of months, but I was really pleased with that last squat workout. Form was good. Depth was good. I think I could get 400 now, so my goal for the meet is 425.

3) Good Mornings

185x10

Just a little GM work. I stopped after a set because I don't want a sore back tomorrow.

4) Toe Presses

5) Treadmill =15 minutes

Follow my progress: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...-powerful.html

Last edited by cooltom; 04-16-2010 at 08:51 PM.
cooltom is offline   Reply With Quote