View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 12:05 PM   #13
Stienthor
Brawn

Training Exp: with weights 1+ yr
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Squat
Stienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good postsStienthor has made some good posts

42 yrs old and in the big picture new to serious weight training. Age and the wisdom that comes with age, has helped me realize that the information a lot of these guys put out is true.
First yr like the beginning of a career gets quick results but it is the 5 yr cycle that will show the best and most rewarding results. each step a bit more of a grind then the last, but owe so worth it. I have not done the five yrs as of yet, but that is where age and wisdom has shown me what is coming and how it is most likely to play out.
initial perception can get your head going in the wrong direction with this game. (I say that from experience) no big deal, cause you gonna find that with what you accomplish depending on the effort you put into it, your gonna be miles ahead of average guy and even those with uncommon, but untrained strength.
Enjoy the journey the results will be worth it no matter what level they are.

Just my two cents for the younger guys getting into this game. from a older guy in the same boat as you.
Stienthor is offline   Reply With Quote